Sunday, April 26, 2015

I have learned so many new things

       Bonsoir! Comment allez-vous? J'ai appris de nouvelles choses. (Hello. How are you? I learned new things.) Now i've started learning more big words and sentences such as Coup de foudre which means thuderbolt or striking of light.
 
      One of the other things I have done to get me to hear French more is looking up more videos and also interviews of celebrities that speak French such as Joseph Gordan. I've been using charts that I've written down to help me translate what they are saying while they are talking to the reporter. The challenging part of watching the videos is keeping up with each word they are saying. I would have to keep replaying the videos to hear the words that ive missed.

       Also, the other challenging part is the pronunciation. French has many soft consonants, vowels and silent letters.This means most of the words you use, you would not usually use the back of your throat when you talk. I read more about French pronunciation  on  http://french.about.com/cs/pronunciation/a/mistakes.htm. This website has given me more information about each topic that is used in pronouncing French. It has also shown me the best way to really get the pronunciation right is to work with a native French speaker, someone who is specific in accent training.

        I can't wait to learn so much more! lets see if I can learn numbers in French. Wish me luck ;)
       
       
     
   

1 comment:

  1. Great work! You and Jesus should talk--he's also trying to learn French!

    ReplyDelete