Thursday, April 9, 2015

How difficult is it to learn a second language?

 


How difficult is it to learn a second language?



We all know there are many different languages such as Spanish, French, Russian, English, and Italian. They also all represent differences in religion and culture. Some languages have similar pronounciations and spellings making it easier to learn more than one language. My dad speaks French fluently and because of that he can understand a lot of Spanish.  He told me how he took French in high school but didn't become fluent until he spent a school year in Senegal, Africa while attending Georgetown University.  There were different languages used there but predominantly French, so he was forced to use it and because of that became fluent.

The reason French got my attention is because it is one of the languages of love. I like the different sounds that come out of each word and letter. I also like how people interact with the language. With the help of my dad and the Spanish I have learned, I hope it will be easy for me to learn French.

Follow me with the help of my dad on my journey of learning French. I hope to learn where the language came from and the different countries that speak predominantly French.

4 comments:

  1. I hope it goes better for you than it did me when I tried to learn French. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Danielle!The French language is so beatiful and I wish you the best of luck learning it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Danielle!The French language is so beatiful and I wish you the best of luck learning it!!!

    ReplyDelete