Sunday, April 19, 2015

Beginning process of learning French

      Bonjour, je m'appelle Danielle. This means my name is Danielle. This is the first thing I learned in French.

      French is more complicated than I thought. There are certain ways that you have to use punctuation with each word.  Also, to learn French, you have to learn the basics first, such as the alphabets, basic greetings or phrases, and small sentences.

     French is really the language of love.  The French word "roman" means novel or romance. This word helps you see how it all started that French is a romance language, which means a Latin base language. Other romance languages include Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Rumanian. The Romans conquerd over many places of the world but it was really the French who really spread out their language hundreds of years ago. French is in many places such as Madagascar, Canada, and parts of Africa. The Romans official language was Latin. When the Romans started to colonize other places of the world, they started mixing Latin with other languages.

   The first basic things that I learned were the alphabet ,which is similar to Spanish but the pronunciation and saying it with the accent is different. Plus, I learned a  "special" ;) new word from Ms. Heckert, and some French words are in the book we are reading.

    This process is going to take longer then I thought, but it's really cool and fun to do. Let's see what else I can learn and memorize this week.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Don't use that one! I think French is beautiful, but it's always difficult learning a new language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle! Great job! I'm sure it is a struggle but is still fun for you!Can't wait to hear what you have learned

    ReplyDelete