Saturday, May 2, 2015

The continuing process........

   Salut! My fellow bloggers. I have really gotten far in the learning process of French. I've been using this website, http://ielanguages.com/french.html, to learn the basics then going to  the next levels. I am almost on level two, but the French numbers are really difficult to process. Also, I learned of a French Dance company that came to Dallas recently.
 
     The 1-10 numbers in French are repetitive, 11-69 are two words but it gets more complicated when you get to the 70's, 80's, 90;s. You actually have to use math concepts to say them. For example, 86 is translated quatre-vingt-six which means 4 times 20 plus 6 equals 86. This math concept comes from old English speaking{check}
 
86quatre-vingt-six[kat-ra-van-sees
0zéro[zay-ro]
1un[uh]
2deux[duhr]
3trois[twa]
4quatre[katr]
5cinq[sank]
6six[sees]
7sept[set]
8huit[weet]
9neuf[nurf]
10dix[dees
       The show that I was going to see at Dallas City Hall was a French based dance company. They are called "Malandain's Ballet Biarritz". This dance company is one of the most known for their French choreography and a huge reputation around the world.
    This week was challenging to really get my accent and pronunciation for each number. I hope I can really remember for next and really review my other French basics. Good luck to me.

2 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! I have always wanted to learn French and this is really motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonne chance! Great work, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete